BLUEBERRY QUINOA BREAKFAST BARS
So I will admit, quinoa is NOT my favorite grain - however I have found several recipes that I find delicious!
Breakfast is one of the most difficult meals for me - I MUST eat in the morning or else I'm a hangry monster, however I don't usually have an appetite in the morning! So bars, chia pudding, and smoothies really help curb the hunger and leave me feeling full for an extended period of time - which is also another issue I have (I'M ALWAYS HUNGRY)
Check out how I keep my sugars, hunger & cravings in line!
BLUEBERRY QUINOA BARS
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats (My fav here: Bobs Red Mill)
- 1/4 c coconut flour (homemade or your fav brand! See mine here: Bobs Red Mill)
- 1/2 c cooked quinoa (my fav here: Quinoa Mothergrain - this brand is sustainable & organic!)
- Four pitted large dates
- One flax egg (see here how) or one organic egg
- One TSP baking powder (Or tartar powder if you don't have any)
- One medium banana (or 1/2 c of homemade nut milk or your fav brand!)
- Two tablespoons of preferred nut butter
- One TSP Vanilla extract
- One TSP Almond extract
- 1/2 TSP cinnamon
- Pinch of pink salt
- One scoop of Collagen Peptides (my favs here)
- One c of fresh wild blueberries!
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Line a baking dish (about 8 inche glass dish) with parchment paper
- Combine Oats & Coconut Flour into food processor - mix until blended well
- Combine Nut milk and Dates into food processor and mix until creamy consistency
- In a large mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients (oats, cooked quinoa, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, collagen) Mix until totally combined
- In separate bowls whisk together the egg, nut milk & date mixture, vanilla & almond extract & nut butter until totally combined
- Add wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix thoroughly
- Add blueberries at the end and gently fold them into batter
- Place batter on parchment lined dish - roughly one inch thick
- Sprinkle rest of blueberries on top!
- Bake the bars for 30-minutes
- Check if ready by sticking a toothpick into the bars - if no batter sticks then they are complete!
- If not cooked through continue to check at 5 minute intervals
- Once ready - remove from oven and let cook for ten minutes
- Cut into squares and drizzle with some maple syrup
I hope you enjoy these breakfast bars as much as I have! Comments? I'd love to hear them!
This recipe is adapted from The Health Mason's Quinoa Bars